Wednesday 5 March 2008

Last post...before I go on holiday

Gym tonight for my speed session:
  • 6 mins cross trainer, level 12, staying above 10 mets
  • 6 x 0.5 miles in 3 mins 45 secs, walking at 4mph for 0.15 miles in between
  • 10 mins bike, hills - set a bit higher than usual
  • 5 min walking cool down at 7% gradient
Was very happy to get through all the Yassos without wanting to throw up. I feel this is something of a breakthrough. So happy that I set the bike higher and gave myself a good, leg-burning few minutes. I've taken the executive decision not to take my running gear on holiday - it would probably not get used and my trail trainers are still so muddy from the duathlon that they would contaminate all other luggage, even wrapped in a bag. And I'll have Jacqui's kindly loaned board and boots to bring back as it is. If I'm really desperate, I can run in my hiking boots.

Should be able to do a full four sessions next week, at least. Culminating in the Edinburgh Half Marathon as my long run.

1 comment:

Fiona Lochhead said...

Have a good 'un. My best to the Bird.