Wednesday 20 August 2008

Things to do when I retire

I have been crap at keeping this blog anywhere near up to date since getting the new job...mostly because work doesn't allow access to blogspot and the last thing I want to do having escaped from the computer terminal at the end of a working day is to sit down at one again at home.

I think blogging may have to be added to my 'things to do when I retire' list. It's only a mental list, although, actually, I'm about to type it up so it will be made flesh: pixelled into life.

Ahem:

List of Things to Do When I Retire
  1. Blog more.
  2. Play musical instruments/sing.
  3. Join posh exclusive health club and spend my days in the jacuzzi gossiping with Cheeseboarders while being served herbal tea by buff young personal trainers.
That's it so far, but I'm already looking forward to retirement mightily.

Did my longest run on Sunday, about 9.5 miles. The first 4 miles were with Dougal, and then I did a second, longer loop after dropping him back home. He is still loving it. I hated the tough hill I set myself at the beginning of loop 2, which forced me to walk for a minute, but the rest was fine. Not really sure of distances so it's hard to say how fast I was going. Who knows how Coll will be on the back of this rather erratic training, especially as Ailsa is now scaring me with mentions of possible hilliness. Ah well.

Now Dougal and AL are just back from Aviemore and I must desist on the blogging front to greet them properly. Dougal has definitely grown - he used to fit on my lap while I typed but is now getting mightily in the way of the keyboard and also investigating the desk for crumbs and - AARGH! LICKING ME IN THE MOUTH WITH DOG FOOD BREATH!

Yuch. Time to go.

No comments: