Sunday 26 October 2008

101 posts

Didn't realise until today but that last post was my 100th. A milestone and, hopefully, impetus to get me to carry on blogging.

Just a quick update today. Did I say I'd taken the decision to run the Alloa half marathon in March? So training for that starts now. Went to the gym last week, first for a lunch time class that was supposed to be pilates and toning. But when I got there they'd changed it to aerobics. Which was fine, but I really wanted some core strength conditioning to complement my running. I didn't particularly need a workout. Shame, because that means there are no pilates classes at all either at lunch time or after work. Maybe I can find an after work one at another gym or hall.

Went back on Thursday for a gym session, doing five minutes on the cross trainer followed by two 1 mile runs at 2% incline and 6mph. In between the miles I went and played with all the weight machines to try and remember how they worked and what level of weights was feasible. I decided to try and do regular work on the back machine, lateral pull down, triceps and shoulder press. All good for the surfing. A week in Fueteventura is now booked so I need all the practice I can get.

Spent yesterday and today helping Fi and Ailsa move, so I can add some heavy lifting to the list. Their new place is gorgeous already, and I can't wait to see it when decorating is finished.

In other news, some plants I ordered online ages ago finally arrived and I've planted up two big tubs: one with heathers and an acer and one with lavender and rosemary. Round the back, in the bed my mum dug over when she came to stay, I've put hollyhocks, delphiniums and dwarf lupins. Round the front I cleared as much gravel as I could from the bed by the door and topped it up with compost to make a mini raised bed and put in scabiosa perfecta, delphiniums and a couple of left over lavender. I've planted a few smaller pots with daffs and tulip bulbs but still have loads left so will stalk the garden tomorrow night looking for appropriate places to bury them.

I've recorded all this here in case I forget what I put where. Plus, if my running goes to pot (no pun intended) I can always record the progress of my plants.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Elliptical Cross trainers are some of the best examples of machines that do just this – especially those providing a variety of user options to control settings such as resistance and difficulty. The best machines will provide trainees with different programs and varying levels of difficulty by shifting courses and even changing incline.