Monday 10 November 2008

Orthotic dependency

Left my orthotics in Edinburgh last week which meant no exercise for me, as I've long since discarded the normal inner sole of my multiple pairs of trainers. Luckily Al brought them back for me this weekend and I was fully intending to go to the gym after work today. But then I ended up working till 6 and hurried home to my beloved instead. Except he wasn't there because he had to stay in Edinburgh and fix a server. Boo.

Gym tomorrow lunchtime it is then, though that may not leave me any time to buy food for the week as I have to hurry home for Dougal's obedience class...Took the Dougal Dog to agility yesterday and got out of breath hopping over a tiny jump with him. Pathetic. He loved it, but it's a big time commitment when we don't really have a routine. We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

MF said...

Ooh - agility. Cool! That's one of the best bits of crufts... I'm sure Doug will be great at it!

Fiona Lochhead said...

Pah. I should be taking a leaf out of your book and training my goddamned dogs. Let them off the lead today, in a patch of woodland nearby, and didn't see them again for the next 10 minutes. All I heard was the terrified gonking of pheasant pelting off in the distance, hotly pursued by a sleek black killing machine (and a golden try-hard pootling at her heels).
On the other hand, because they are s-o-o-o c-o-o-o-old we have bought them hoodies.
Yes. Hoodies.
Bridie's is a blue 'Pup' top (as opposed to 'Gap'). Baffie's is black. With a gold crown on the back. And ... some writing underneath the crown.
That says 'Baffingtonia'.
Oh GOD. I'm becoming ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE!! Stop me before my house is filled with pink crocheted blankets with terrifying poodles on the front.