Wednesday 11 July 2007

The Countdown Begins

We had our last Rat Race practice yesterday, running about eight miles round the water of Leith and a random bike path that I never knew existed but took us miles without any of that nasty traffic type stuff. Although I did have to leap out of the way of cyclists a couple of times. I'm happy enough with the running side of things as I'm probably the fittest of the three of us in that respect. However, I'm still bricking it about the cycling. Haven't been back on the bike since Dunfermline. (I keep telling you - it's not my fault - it's at Al's.)

So it was a great run, really enjoyable, even. Tomorrow we meeting for pasta and a kit run-through. The kit requirements are epic and you have to prove you have everything. So even if you could have run and cycled 100km in a weekend, they make it nice and difficult by making you hump a ton of kit around at the same time. We need helmets, climbing harnesses, head torches, whistles, a mobile phone in a waterproof case, a first aid kit and a kitchen sink. The first aid kit even specifies both paracetamol and ibuprofen. Though seeing as I will be having me period at the weekend, I may well be grateful for both.

What else? I went to aquafit on Monday and managed to sustain possibly the world's first aquarobis-related injury by being too energetic with my jogging on the spot and whacking my knee into the side of the pool (just a scratch though). Went to check out Mo's new place afterwards. It has a HUGE living room, so from now on all parties at at hers...

But other than that it's just a case of washing all my sports bras in preparation for the weekend. Then I will be free! Free I tell you! I need never exercise again!

Except Jo and Lee and I did decide to keep doing bits and pieces for fun. But nothing major. Till maybe next year's marathon. Or those Lake District trail runs. Maybe.

No comments: