Friday 26 October 2007

Races

Ok, so it's technically still dry and I know I said I'd go for a run again today, but it's cloudy so I won't have a spectacular sunset to distract me, plus I'm knackered after a long week. Instead I have come up with some possible races for next year, to fulfil the 'more racing will force me to be faster' part of the plan.

Here they are:
  • 20 January
    Fred Hughes 10 miles (St Albans) - aim for sub 1.32
  • 9 February
    PPUK Valentines Run 10k (Battersea) - aim for sub 53 mins
  • 16 March
    Forthside half marathon - aim for sub 1.45
  • 23 March
    Alloa half marathon - aim for sub 1.40
  • 26 April
    Balmoral 10k - aim for sub 48 mins
  • 20 April
    Balfron 10k - aim for sub 48 mins
  • 4 May
    Dunfermline half marathon - aim for sub 1.35
    OR Great Edinburgh Run (10k) - aim for sub 45 mins
  • 25 May
    Marathon - aim for sub 3.45

Now there's no way I can do all of these: for one thing, the entry fees aren't cheap. I definitely want to do Alloa and Forthside and either Dunfermline or the Great Edinburgh Run, which unfortunately clash. I'd like to do one of either Balmoral or Balfron and one of either St Albans or Battersea. Surprising that there aren't more 10ks to choose from but I suppose it's quite a specific time period and I can't travel everywhere, especially during the week.

Oh, and the aim times are very rough estimates. I'll refine these as I do more research on 3.45 training schedules.

No comments: