Friday 28 December 2007

Lunch time gym

Work is very quiet at the moment, as you'd expect. Decided on a lunchtime session and then faffed about what to eat mid-morning. Wanted some carbs to get me through - should I eat half my turkey and stuffing sandwich early? In retrospect, I should have done, but instead I took a packet of crisps from the office party leftover pile. This proved my undoing as, at 2.3 km in, I accidentally brushed the 'stop' button. As the treadmill ground to a halt I promptly felt quite nauseous and had to go and have a drink of water before continuing at walking pace. Really must not eat greasy food before running (or accidentally hit the stop button). From now on it's oatcakes for me.

So that meant I did:
  • 1 km on the cross trainer, level 9, staying above 10 kmph
  • 2.3 km on the treadmill, 2% incline, 10 kmph
  • 0.7 km on the treadmill at level 20 hill setting (=between 9 and 11% incline), 6 kmph
  • 3 x 12 reps at 30 kg pulldown
  • 3 x 10 reps at 15 kg shoulder press
  • 3 x 12 reps at 15 kg chest press
  • 0.5 km on the treadmill, 2% incline, 12 kmph, just to finish off.

Not bad. Need to do something tomorrow really but I doubt I'll get the chance with Jenny in tow. As of January I'm aiming for 5km of running per session, probably broken up into two lots to start with. Going to start aiming for short bursts of hill and speed work.

Now I'm off to sign up for that duathlon I promised Matt I'd do with him.

No comments: