Wednesday 9 January 2008

Evil Yassos

Cold a bit better after being pampered by Al (he ordered a takeaway and fed me NightNurse). Lunchtime gym today:
  • 1 km cross trainer level 11, staying above 10 kmph
  • 3 km treadmill, 2% incline (I'm going to stop saying this: just assume all my treadmill work is at 2% unless I say otherwise), 10.1 kmph
  • 200m walking, 800m at 12.8 kmph x 2
  • 12 x 3 reps at 32.5 kg pull down
  • 12 x 3 reps at 15 kg shoulder press
  • 10 mins bike, hill setting, level 11, staying above 80 rpm (hard at the end)

The chest press was busy the whole time, but I was pleased with the rest. So proud of myself for the last half Yasso, which was a bastard. I loathe speedwork and all its kind. Only remembering an interview with Denise Lewis in which she described getting through the 800m to win Olympic gold on sheer force of will after an injury kept me going. Quite looking forward to tomorrow's hill work in comparison.

Last night I cooked myself a simple meal of potatoes, broccoli, spinach and steamed trout. Doesn't that sound healthy? Although I did then add a generous dollop of creme fraiche. (Low fat creme fraiche). It was delicious - I don't often do 'meat and veg' type meals, tending more towards the 'all in one pot' approach, but this has inspired me to do more. Although it did generate rather a lot of washing up. Ooh, I made more mince pies too. And ate them warm with brandy butter while watching Top Gear - bliss.

No comments: