Friday 4 January 2008

Why, when I've only worked a three day week, am I still glad it's Friday?

These blogs are getting really boring, aren't they? I sense I'm in danger of losing both my readers. But that's what happens when training kicks in - I cease to have the time to have a life. Luckily tomorrow will be spent up a hill in the trossachs (sounds a bit rude doesn't it? 'She kicked him right in the trossachs'.) before heading to Glasgow for a night of luxury, courtesy of the generous Fi, who is treating the cheeseboard, in two lots, to dinner.

So hopefully we will get lost or fall down a ravine or something and I will have something interesting to write about on my return.

In the meantime, I did yet another enthralling lunchtime session:
  • 1km cross trainer, level 10, staying above 10kmph
  • 3km treadmill, 2% incline, 10.1 kmph (Gasp! So speedy!)
  • 2km treadmill, random setting 10 (= inclines between 1.5 and 7%), 9.1kmph
  • automatic 5 min cool down (about 0.4 km)
  • 3 x 12 reps shoulder press at 15kg (Ha! Back up to 12!)
  • 3 x 12 reps chest press at 15kg
  • 3 x 12 reps pull down at 32.5kg
  • 10 mins bike, hill setting 10, staying above 80rpm

10.1kmph didn't seem that fast after yesterday's hideous Yassos, which I already know I'm going to dread. Will try and up it by 0.1kmph a week until I'm at at least 11kmph, which is marathon pace. Also, first session next week will see me up the levels of cross trainer and bike to 11. Hopefully.

No more snow. It's sitting on the hill and the crags, making the latter look particularly awesome and, well, craggy. Week after next I've found a lovely little cottage for me and Al to hole up, run, visit Clackmannanshire and hopefully do some hill walking. Which reminds me, I need to buy a map and some waterproof spray for my boots for tomorrow.

No comments: