Thursday 24 January 2008

Week 4 training

Aargh! Too busy to do...well, anything, really. New job and bastard commute. So far it has rained or snowed every trip and I have got lost at least once a day (I know this sounds unbelievably dim of me. I am not the best navigator ever but I lay the blame squarely on the changing traffic cones at Kincardine which mean the route is different each time. Plus I have been trying different roads to see what's quickest).

So a brief update only before I fall into bed, to rise again in six hours time.

Gym at Meadowbank on Tuesday:
  • 1 km cross trainer level 12, staying above 10 kmph
  • 8km treadmill, 10.3 kmph (boring)
  • 3 x 12 pull down 32.5 kg
  • 3 x 12 shoulder press 15 kg
  • 3 x 12 chest press 17.5 kg
  • 10 mins bike, hills, level 12

Gym at Alloa on Wednesday - where the treadmill machines are set to miles, so I had to do some mental arithmetic to work out rough equivalents:

  • Induction - played on the machines and promptly fogot how they worked. My legs were pathetically weak compared to Induction Girl's, but my upper body earned actual praise!
  • 1 km cross trainer level something or other, staying above 10 kmph
  • 1.9 miles treadmill, 6.2 mph
  • 3 x 0.5 mile at in 3 mins 45 each with 2 min walking breaks (annoyingly I accidentally hit the big 'stop' button twice during Yassos - not used to these treadmills at all)
  • 10 mins bike, resistance 7, couldn't work out hill setting or rpms and by that point was too knackered to care

Gym tonight, Meadowbank - straight to treadmill as short of time:

  • 4 km treadmill, 10.4 kmph
  • 4km treadmill, random setting, level 10, 9.4 kmph
  • 3 x 12 pull down 32.5 kg
  • 3 x 12 shoulder press 15 kg
  • 3 x 12 chest press 20 kg

Stupid random setting gave me one and a half continuous minutes of 7.8% incline! Climbed 161 metres over the 4 km so averaged 4% incline.

Tired.

No comments: