Tuesday 8 January 2008

Running with a cold

So boring having a cold, but at least I managed to stave it off over the festive season and as I'm not doing much but finishing up at work this week a cold is not much of a drawback now.

We all wussed out of aquafit yesterday due to various ailments, so I went to the gym instead:
  • 1 km on the cross trainer, level 11, staying above 10 kmph (except for one moment where I slowed to 9.8 because I was picking a bit of white fluff off my boob, but I'm not counting that as it was only for a second and I'm well above 10.5 most of the time.)
  • 6 km on the treadmill, incline 2%, 10.1 kmph (with brief pause at 5.15 km for a drink)
  • 3 x 12 reps shoulder press at 15kg
  • 3 x 12 reps chest press at 15kg (not too bad - should probably go up next time)
  • 3 x 12 reps pull down at 32.5kg

Used my cold as an excuse to skip the bike, although I may now start having to choose between the bike and weights anyway if I don't want my work out to go on all day. Next time: more Yassos. Yuck.

Weighed myself yesterday morning. I am 9 stone 2 pounds, or about 58 kg. That's about 2 pounds over where I like to be, as the tightness of my jeans was indicating. Not a surprise after Christmas: I expect it'll come off when the exercise kicks in.

1 comment:

Fiona Lochhead said...

9 stone 2??

Fat bastard.