Thursday 10 January 2008

Rain

It's been tipping it down all day. I arrived at work with soggy socks and it's not let up since - Morag and Hilary and I are going for a swim later but at this rate we'll be able to swim down the road to the pool.

Did my last ever session (barring re-employment) at my work gym:
  • 1 km cross trainer, level 11, staying above 10 kmph
  • 3 x 12 chest press, 15 kg (because I forgot I'd said I should put it up last time - duh. No wonder it was easy)
  • 3 x 12 shoulder press, 15 kg
  • 3 x 12 pull down, 32.5 kg
  • 3 km treadmill, 10.2 kmph
  • 3 km treadmill, random setting level 10, 9.2 kmph

Lots of other folk from my section were in there pounding away - and for the first time ever I had to wait for a treadmill to be free. Looks like the January rush has started in earnest.

Looking forward to supporting Lemon this Saturday as she braves to cold and hilly Great Winter Run. I'll have to do a longish run of my own on Sunday. Thinking of doing my usual Willowbrae Road loop, which is about 6 miles and flat except one nasty hill at Windy Gap.

Must get my arse in gear to apply for races: good news is, the Dunfermline Half has changed its date so as not to clash with the Great Edinburgh Run, so it looks like I can do both.

No comments: