Sunday 10 February 2008

Hills, hills, hills

Long run today. I actually did the hideous hilly loop I'd been contemplating. Realised belatedly that to run it from Al's would add an extra three miles so drove to Rossie Place, ran it from there and and then picked up a clothes airer, clothes hangers and some utensils from the flat on the way back. Realised even more belatedly that I could have run it from Al's and added three miles of fairly flat Easter Road instead of three miles of hilly Queens Drive, but it was too late by then.

Felt pretty good as I was doing it, pushing it on the downhill and steady on the up. It was good running weather - cool and still and misty after a really mild springlike day yesterday. And on Radical Road I ran almost the whole second half of the uphill section. So I was disappointed to find it took me a whole 140 minutes to do the 10.2ish miles. Bloody hills.

No comments: