Thursday 28 February 2008

Lazy week

Yeah, couldn't really be arsed this week. Went to the gym on Tuesday, having waved goodbye to Al who came back for a fleeting visit, only to bore myself into submission. Was supposed to do an hour (probably split 45 mins / 15 mins) at 6.7 mph. Actually did 10 mins at 6.7 mph, 10 mins at 6.8 mph, got bored, went and did some weights (the usual, all at 20 kg). Then approached the treadmill again and did 3 miles in 30 minutes - a mixture of 6.7 mph and fast walking on a steep gradient. It wasn't that I was tired so much as just bored...And hot. It does get hot in the gym. Can't wait to be able to run outside in the evenings. Oh, did a bit of bike at the end too.

Anyway, I have also reached that 'must have chocolate' time of the month, during which I have learnt better than to deny myself. It's not every month my body decides I need chips and the sofa, but this time it was quite clear and I duly abandoned plans for my speed session both yesterday and today (not that I was planning two - I vaguely told myself I'd reschedule) and spent the time productively sitting in traffic jams instead. Well, it is the first speed session I've missed so far in all my training. Trying not to think about next week when I will be somewhere steep and snowy without running facilities.

Luckily I have agreed to run with Matt tomorrow which will get me back in the game. Have to come up with a 13 mile route for us. He didn't look happy when I mentioned it.

1 comment:

Fiona Lochhead said...

Your post reveals Matt has a healthy dose of brain cells. Who'd look happy about the prospect? I mean, apart from lunatics like Macfarlane?
How was it?