Monday 25 February 2008

Quick catch up

Had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday which left me in Edinburgh at 5pm - still light enough for an outside run. I went up Easter Road, round Queens Drive and back, a total of 7.2 miles. Tried to keep the pace up and finished it in 1 hour 4 mins, which I was pleased with. About 6.7 mph.

That was my tempo run for the week. Did my speed session at Friday lunchtime (having remembered to take my own hairdryer to the gym so I could go back to work without wet hair):
  • 3 mins step machine at 5.5 floors per minute
  • 3 mins cross trainer, level 11, above 10 mets
  • 5 x 0.5 mile in 3 mins 45 secs, with 0.15 mile at 4 mph in between.
  • About 0.7 miles at 6.6 mph
Couldn't do more as I had to get back to work, but completed a 7 mile walk on Saturday and a 12 mile run on Sunday. The run was slow on the way back as it was uphill and there was a strong headwind, but it was a bright day and good to be outside. The smell of Fi's roast pork as I entered the home straight also kept me going! The walk was lovely - good company and lots of lovely scenery and interesting things to see along the way, including a folly and a 300 year old oak.

This week, planning tempo run and speed work tomorrow and Wednesday. Long run with Matt Friday night and the duathlon as my hill session on Sunday.

No comments: